The Alliance to End Slavery and Trafficking (ATEST) is a U.S. based coalition that advocates for solutions to prevent and end all forms of human trafficking and modern slavery around the world. We advocate for lasting solutions to prevent labor and sex trafficking, hold perpetrators accountable, ensure justice for victims and empower survivors with tools for recovery. Our collective experience implementing programs at home and abroad provides our coalition an unparalleled breadth and depth of expertise. Together, we are committed to ensuring that:
- Corporations and government supply chains are free from human trafficking, forced labor and other forms of modern slavery.
- Corporations or governments that recruit and hire workers, directly or through labor brokers, do so ethically.
- Federal, state and local governments do not treat victims as criminals and instead, provide survivors with comprehensive services and access to justice.
ATEST member organizations include: Coalition of Immokalee Workers (CIW), Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking (CAST), End Child Prostitution and Trafficking – USA (ECPAT-USA), Free the Slaves, Futures Without Violence, International Justice Mission (IJM), National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA), National Network for Youth (NN4Y), Polaris, Safe Horizon, Solidarity Center, Verité, and Vital Voices Global Partnership. Learn more about our coalition partners.
The scope of human trafficking and slavery has come into sharp focus over the past years with an estimated 27 million slaves worldwide—more than any other time in history. Human trafficking is also the second largest criminal enterprise in the world, generating over $150 billion in profits to traffickers annually according to some estimates. Below are our current policy priorities.
- Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2013 (P.L. 113-4)
- Business Transparency on Trafficking and Slavery Legislation
- Anti-Slavery And Human Trafficking Appropriations
- Prevention of Trafficking in Persons and Abuses Involving Workers Recruited Abroad Act (S. 744)
- White House and Agency Initiatives
ATEST is led and supported by Humanity United, a U.S.-based foundation dedicated to building peace and advancing human freedom.