Does Your Hotel Know?
Sex trafficking can happen anywhere, including in the United States. #DoesYourHotelKnow is an awareness campaign by ECPAT-USA that alerts hotels and travelers alike to educate themselves about the signs of sex trafficking.
The Tourism Child-Protection Code of Conduct is the only voluntary set of business principles travel and tour companies can implement to prevent child sex tourism and trafficking of children. The Code is a joint venture between the tourism private sector and ECPAT.
Companies that endorse The Code are supported by ECPAT-USA to :
- Establish a policy and procedures against sexual exploitation of children.
- Train employees in children’s rights, the prevention of sexual exploitation and how to report suspected cases.
- Include a clause in contracts throughout the value chain stating a common repudiation and zero tolerance policy of sexual exploitation of children.
- Provide information to travelers on children’s rights, the prevention of sexual exploitation of children and how to report suspected cases.
- Support, collaborate and engage stakeholders in the prevention of sexual exploitation of children.
- Report annually on their implementation of Code related activities.
Watch the video above and learn more here.